Friday, October 28, 2011

A Year With Jesus Daily Readings and Reflections on Jesus' own Words ( R .P. Nettelhorst)

This is a very wonderful yearly devotional book for a year. "Daily Reflections and Readings on Jesus' Own Words." William Barclay says, "Jesus is not a a figure in this book. He is a living prsence." I did not read the entire book, as it is a daily devotional. I did read enough to really know that it is a wonderful book to use for the whole year,

Each devotion has a quotation from the Bible and then 2 or 3 paragraphs talking about the verses from the Bible. The days are only labeled day 1 and day 2 and so on, so the reader can start any time and not on certain labeled days ex. January 1. If the reader wanted to he could go to different places as there are divisions ex: Friends and Enemies; Belief and Disbelief; Arrogance and Humility and so on.

I have had many devotional books and I must say this is one of the most complete books I have ever had. I really recommend this to anyone interested in have Daily Devotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment