Saturday, November 19, 2011

Nearing Home Billy Graham

This book is about Billy Graham's thought's about growing older and thinking about going to heaven. Billy is 92 years old and really misses his wife, Ruth. Ruth died a few years ago. Billy quotes much scripture,which I really apprecite. He talks about his early days of preaching all over the world. By his words, I can tell he does miss that time. How he as let his son, Franklin take over the Crusade. Billy talks about not letting growing old really get you down and give up on life. He stresses to prepare for old age. At this age, the reader can tell the Billy has a strong mind, even though he talks about his weak body. He has such a very strong faith and emphasis that all thru the book. He says that"growing old is the greatest surprise of my life. I would never have guessed what God had in store for me and I know I am nearing home and I know that God will not forsake me." WOW what wonderful words. He hopes all of us will be prepared for the end of our lives in that way and that we are so prepared that we know God will not forsake us. Billy Graham never thought he would live to be 92. Now that he has, he wants to make these last years count and he will. One of the ways is writing this book. It is a wonderful look at "old age" thru the eyes of one of the most wonderful evangelists of our time, THE REVERAND WILLIAM F. GRAHAM, JR.       Please add this to your reading list. It will give you a new outlook on "growing old"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment